A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Mossville, IL area. This role requires component design, print reading/generation, ability to break down complicated assembly/disassembly tasks into easily understandable standard work, and knowledge of internal combustion engines theory and assembly.
location: Mossville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.86 - 39.29 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create standard work for engine assembly/disassembly that our mechanics will use.
- Address tooling, safety and process issues with working on engines (build, install, modification, removal).
- Study time, motion, methods, and speed involved in maintenance, production, and other operations to establish standard production rate and improve efficiency. Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Read worker logs, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications. Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
- Observe workers using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards.
- Observe workers operating equipment or performing tasks to determine time involved and fatigue rate using timing devices.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.