We are looking for an Industrial Engineer to join our growing customer out of their US Headquarters in Downers Grove, IL. The position is ultimately responsible for helping drive manufacturing/machinery projects from concept to completion, while working both onsite and offsite, ensuring customer, project, and functional requirements are met.
location: Downers Grove, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The challenges that await you:
- Develop assembly lines with logical sequencing and optimized operations
- Work across production lines collaborating with Logistics and Warehouse teams, provide recommendations on layout improvement, cycle time reduction, line / workload balancing and capacity analysis
- Plan, coordinate and execute changes to improve existing layout and workstation movement activities for efficiency and capacity improvement
- Support the New Product transfer team in terms of Industrial Engineering activities such as Line Layout, Takt time and Operating System implementation
- Influence engineering in advance to standardize methods and achieve an effective mixed model
- Analyze and make observations and measurements to determine ratios of value-added activities
- Actively participate and lead Kaizen workshops to solve problems and implement solutions while involving the group
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required in relevant discipline, particularly in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related disciplines from an accredited ABET institution
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the field of manufacturing in the implementation of industrial engineering projects
- Proficiency in industrial engineering techniques and value-added concepts
- Knowledge of key manufacturing processes for capacity and demand, identify capacity constraints and provide analysis.
- High knowledge of Industrial Engineering various elements like Time Study, Line Balancing, PFEP, Layout Design, Kitting, Material Inventory, Warehouse Design
- High proficiency of diagnostic tools such as VSM, material flow analysis, capacity analysis, etc.
- Mastery of lean concepts and tools (Kaizen, Std Work, Visual Management, 6S & TPM)
- Experience in performing time and motion studies and work content analysis
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Excel for data analysis and PowerPoint for presentation
- Ability to use AutoCAD to propose layout improvement ideas
- strong project management skills.
- Problem Analysis Collects and selects relevant information from diverse sources independently and on own initiative. Makes connections and organizes information
- Learning Ability Applies current information and ideas
- Teamwork Works towards collective results with other people
- Adaptability Independently adjusts own activities and behavior when changes are necessary
- Creativity Comes up with new ideas or a combination with existing work methods/solutions
- Initiative Takes action independently using own initiative
- Communication Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.