Our client is seeking a drafting and design engineer to work with a team of engineers to develop and maintain mechanical systems to improve the manufacturing process in a large industrial manufacturing plant.
Our client manufactures and supplies a complete line of wire cloth, wear parts, plate, antiblinding screens, rubber/urethane and screening accessories for the aggregate and mining industries. Their industrial wire cloth division services the sand, food processing, recycling materials, abrasives, fertilizer production, powdered metals, pharmaceuticals and more.
location: Buffalo, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design and develop new products - from design concept/protype to production release.
- Design tooling/equipment and create drawings/prints to automate manufacturing process for new and existing product lines.
- Proficient use of recent (2019+) AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD needed.
- Work with a team of engineers and other personnel to document/analyze existing manufacturing processes and equipment, and make design improvements for increased production, quality and safety.
- Familiar with use of Microsoft Dynamics Nav (or other ERP systems).
- Familiar with Bill of Materials.
- Provide technical support to production and sales as needed.
- Other duties as specified by your manager
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- strong interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. oral and written) required.
- strong organization, documentation and project management skills required.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team as well as be coachable by superiors required.
- Effective time management skills required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.