A Process Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Redmond, WA or Sunnyvale, CA area. The main function of a process engineer is to drive the development of new processes and materials and contribute to the core expertise of a world-class engineering team. Framing process and materials research problems, plan projects, and lead the execution. development of state-of-the-art processes and prototypes will require the intersection of novel materials, mechanical, and optical fields.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $53.33 - 79.98 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop process and new materials for advancing liquid crystal optical films.
- Coordinate with external vendors to deliver advanced optical films.
- Review and publish engineering documents, standard operating procedures and evaluation test plans.
- Perform various film-related tasks such as optical measurements, film stretching, material characterization and film lamination.
- Perform metrology and root cause analysis. Able to communicate well to recommend corrective actions.
- strong understanding of structure-property relationships in optical films -> how optical properties change with film stretching
- Implement design of experiments (DOE)
- Track and organize documentation, experimental results, and standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of diffraction and polarization optics
- Background with materials testing, some examples: DSC, SEM, DMTA, uniaxial/biaxial stretching, spectroscopy
- Previous industry experience scaling optical films for pilot line or for commercialization
- Ability to track and organize documentation, experiment results, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work-in-progress (WIP) logs
- Experience scaling processes from research to pilot-production or mass manufacture, and implementing quality control procedures to resolve processing problems
- Ability to design and implement process development plans, design of experiments (DOE), establishing critical process parameters and quality control strategies
- Familiarity with materials characterization. Some examples: DSC, DMTA, SEM, OM, spectroscopy, uniaxial and biaxial stretching, chemical analyses, XPS
- Familiarity with displays, LCD and OLED
- BS in relevant field (engineering, physics) with 6+ years of experience; or
- MS or PhD in relevant field (engineering, physics) with 4+ years of experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.