Very reputable, well established and growing manufacturing company is looking for a Sr Electrical Project Engineer in the DeSoto, Texas area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $120k to $140k plus annual bonus.
Relocation assistance is also available.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Desoto, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Take ownership of engineering projects from conception to completion as self-directed work, applying all areas of engineering expertise to obtain feasible, effective solutions.
- Work with the maintenance and production teams to resolve operational problems and identify new opportunities. Conduct engineering analyses and present recommendations.
- Develop detailed justifications for capital expenditures and prepare project authorization forms with supporting documentation.
- Provide effective, regular communication of project status both verbally and in writing at multiple levels within the organization.
- Perform daily oversight of contractor work and coordinate with plant operations to ensure capital projects are executed efficiently and with minimal interference to manufacturing operations.
- Ensure contractors are performing work in a safe manner and adhering to site safety requirements. Determine the relevant safety policy for the scope of work and issue safe-work permits to the contractor on a daily basis.
- Work closely with Accounting and Purchasing departments to ensure total financial accountability of assigned projects and complete closure.
- Coach, lead, and mentor less experienced engineers.
- BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical) coupled with at least 7 years of demonstrated, relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, including capital project management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing external contractors and ensuring the highest level of safety engagement.
- Ability to manage multiple capital projects and engineering assignments.
- Excellent communication skills, able to provide effective communication through all levels of the organization.
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and Inventor (or equivalent).
- Extensive experience with safety systems to include Lock/Tag/Verify, permitting and behavior based safety programs.
- Design and field experience with variable frequency drives, power distribution, and/or PLCs. Experience with material handling, web tension control, process piping, pumps, and mechanical power transmission
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.