Randstad Engineering Solutions is looking for a qualified manufacturing engineer to join our team. This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge in product development in a hands-on environment.
location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The manufacturing engineer will support the identification and implementation of process improvements and cost reductions using accepted industrial engineering and lean manufacturing methodologies. In addition, the manufacturing engineer will also support various projects related to new and redesigned product launches.
?The ideal candidate will have a BS in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and with experience in:
- Design special assembly tools, fixtures, and equipment to be used for the assembly processes
- Develop detailed drawings with tolerances and proper material call out for assembling tools, fixtures, and equipment.
- Designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or the improvement of existing ones.
- Develop new manufacturing processes, including layouts, PFD, PFMEA, CP, work instructions, and training materials.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Analyze workforce utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow diagrams, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Troubleshoot daily manufacturing issues.
Industry: Heavy Equipment
Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
Visual Management Skills (ability to translate manufacturing floor processes/statuses into easy-to-understand visual representations).
Ability to complete tasks on their own with mentorship from the Client.
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines.
Demonstrated project management experience .
Experience designing and specifying manufacturing tools and fixtures.
Extensive 3D CAD design experience.
Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements and specifications.
Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies and principles including formal training and experience implementing lean strategies to improve process flow and reduce cost is preferred.
A Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field from a four-year college or university; plus four or more years of relevant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
These would be a plus:
Process development and authoring experience e.g. Standardized Work Combination Tables (SWCT), work instructions, Yamazumi/stack up charts, etc.
Manufacturing/assembly automation experience.
Experience in CATIA, AutoCAD and Draftsight.
Interests/Hobbies that align with the role.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.