Great company to grow your carrer. 8+ year average employee tenure, and teams of empowered and engaged employee-owners. Would you like the exhilarating opportunity to design quality reusable embedded products used for agricultural, forestry, and construction industries? Working with customers by assisting in the development of specialized compact and efficient embedded systems, ECUs, electro-hydraulic controls, engine controls and vehicle networks. These are just some of the types of projects you could enjoy working on in this position. Our engineers also help our customers scale and grow over time by providing support, training, and on-site engineering services. We provide a high-tech, challenging, and productive work environment while still retaining a small business atmosphere.
location: Cedar Falls, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
As our Embedded Software Engineer, you will join our team of engineers in Cedar Falls/Waterloo, IA. Your primary mission will be to architect, design, implement, and test the real-time software that controls features found on both large and small off-road vehicles. Your demonstrated knowledge and experience in systems and software product development, including C and C++ will be vital to your success. If you have specific experience developing applications in an Agile environment for automated engine controls, then you will feel right at home. Because you are a fast learner with the ability to work independently (as well as part of a small team of software, electrical, and system engineers), you feel comfortable in a role where you are expected to think out of the box and devise innovative solutions to complex control problems. Also, because you have strong communications skills, you have no problem providing local and remote technical support to engineering, manufacturing, operations, and service organizations. In exchange for your technical prowess, you will be rewarded with challenging and high-impact projects that will pioneer new generations of large and small off-road vehicles.
- Proven experience developing event driven applications
- Knowledge of C/C++/Python programming languages
- Experience developing within a Linux OS
- Experience with automated testing - test driven development
- Experience with model-based development (MATLAB/Simulink)
- Ability to troubleshoot embedded systems hardware and software problems
- Experience with system engineering principles
- Knowledge of CAN
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Engineering experience including Software Architecture, Embedded Software Development, Model Based Software Design
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.