A Tool Designer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Waterloo, IA area. Candidate should have Supply Management/Purchasing experience.
location: Waterloo, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $32.86 - 46.43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Execute the Tool Design process for assigned projects
- Review assigned work orders (WO)
- Discuss WO with Company stakeholders to clarify any ambiguous details and confirm project scope
- Design concept up to 20% of project scope
- Review concept w/ Company stakeholders to verify direction/function until concept is approved
- Complete design modeling o Review final design w/ Company stakeholders until design is approved (prior to detailing)
- Complete design detailed drawings (including CAD geometry needed for manufacturing)
- Notify Company Tool Design procurement when design is complete
- Deliver build prints and review project with Company Tool Makers
- Attend fit/function test with Tool Maker and ME present
- Provide troubleshooting input as required
- Update design to "As Built" prints.
- Designs completed using Creo, Smart Assembly, PDM Link, UGS TeamCenter, AutoCAD, Ansys
- Complete required safety and ergonomics training
- Attend required John Deere staff meetings
- Update SAP with Electronic time entry, WO status updates
- Use PDM Link for CAD file storage-retrieval
- Use MS Outlook for email communication
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.