A Dev/Research Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Mossville, IL area. This position will be supporting Structures and Dynamics test for engine components. Willingness to learn FMEA and i-Model Champion functions, FEA structural simulation.
location: Mossville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 42.86 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The key areas of responsibilities as a test engineer include, but not limited to:
- Performing Field Tests and lab tests by following standard test procedures
- Collect test data using data acquisition systems like eDAQ, LMS ...
- Perform modal testing for engine system and components.
- Setting up lab or field engine test instrumentation.
- Perform analysis such as vibration severity assessment, weld/bolted joint analysis, parent material fatigue analysis by following Caterpillar standard test procedures.
- Communicate test results and recommend fix to design team.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five to seven years engineering experience required (combination of internship experience and hands-on work experience). Advanced engineering degree concentrating in dynamics/vibrations is desirable.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.