A Mechanical Drafter is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Rapid City, SD area. Candidate should have Minimum Technical school diploma or certificate in Computer Aided Drafting (or 5+ years of Computer Aided Drafting experience).
location: Rapid City, South Dakota
job type: Contract
salary: $17.25 - 23.06 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Job Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Create or modify 3D models and engineering drawings for use in manufacturing.
- Verify 3D models and engineering drawings meet the customers' needs while also adhering to Companyr Engineering Standards.
- Use PLM software for storing CAD files, creating engineering notices, and maintaining Bills of Material.
- Create engineering notices for all 3D model and engineering drawing changes and creations that adhere to Company Engineering Standards.
- Collaborate with Engineers and peers to troubleshoot design issues along with 3D model and engineering drawing issues and discrepancies.
- Complete projects in a timely manner to meet customer due dates and the Teamleads' project schedule.
- Communicate to the Teamlead any delays or issues that are encountered during a project so that the project schedule can be kept up to date.
- Minimum Technical school diploma or certificate in Computer Aided Drafting (or 5+ years of Computer Aided Drafting experience)
- Experience with Computer Aided Drafting Software; Basic Microsoft Office and Windows knowledge; Basic soft skills including verbal and written communication; Basic problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (preferably PTC Creo).
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude and 3D spatial awareness.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to the frequent priority shifts of changing business demand.
- Experience with Sheet Metal.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.