A leading manufacturing company is looking for a Process Engineer that will
drive and manage key strategic projects throughout all business units. This position will identify, design, and implement improvements to equipment
and processes to optimize current manufacturing and commercialization of new products. This position will be a part of the corporate engineering team and will manage and work closely with outside vendors, plant management, as well as other various internal resources to ensure projects are specified and completed within scope.
location: Norfolk, Nebraska
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- The Sr. Process Engineer position will drive and manage key strategic projects throughout all
- business units. This position will identify, design, and implement improvements to equipment
- and processes to optimize current manufacturing and commercialization of new products. This
- Position will be a part of the corporate engineering team and will manage and work closely with
- outside vendors, plant management, as well as other various internal resources to ensure
- projects are specified and completed within scope.
- Essential Functions: - Manage large scale capital projects from design conception, preparing approval and
- justification documents, installation, and commissioning.
- Control and administrate budgets and timelines.
- Conceive and plan projects, in collaboration with manufacturing team, involving major
- production activities (plant tests and commercialization of new products), exploration of
- product and/or process problems, definition and selection of new concepts and
- approaches in manufacturing operations.
- Partner with plant managers to design and implement capital projects.
- Partner with contractors to define scope, budget, and timelines.
- Identify, research, and adapt machine and equipment design to accommodate factory
- and production improvements including preparation of cost justification and capital
- request documents.
- Lead and drive projects with significant productivity and cost reduction impacts. Areas
- of focus are overall yield, waste reduction, chemical usage, and CIP optimization.
- Manage projects involving design and procurement of new equipment, specifying,
- evaluating, and recommending innovative technologies, strategies and methods that will
- benefit operations as needed.
- Lead and manages projects to accomplish measurable manufacturing objectives.
- Study and improve manufacturing processes, procedures, and sequence of operations
- aimed at lowering manufacturing costs. Aid in creating, implementing, and maintaining
- Standard Work for all production areas.
- Innovate, recommend, and collaborate with technical teams to develop new
- processes/services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Provide technical training for operators to support making decisions at the lowest level.
- Provide innovative tools that support operators making changes to the process as
- authorized and required.
- Work with employees to identify and scope new process improvement opportunities in
- the areas of quality, cost, performance and preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Work with employees to identify and troubleshoot issues and ensure corrective action is
- taken as appropriate and required.
- Provide technical support and training to employees to improve operational
- Develop projects to eliminate waste and streamline the manufacturing flow.
- Communication skills as well as analytical and problem-solving skills also need to be very
- good for a change agent to be effective.
- Operate in a safe manner and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.