Controls engineer needed for a client in the Chattanooga area. Looking for someone who has experience building automated machinery. Good PLC and electrical experience is a must. Salary will be based on experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required
- Broad electrical background, including 3-Phase Systems
- 2 yrs electrical, control and automation experience
- PLC/HMI Programming experience required
- AutoCAD experience required
- Experience with Servo Hydraulic Cylinders with Temposonics feedback a plus.
location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design, develop and implement control systems for the equipment designed and built by the company
- Specify & Size basic 3-Phase Motor Controllers, AC Soft-Starts and AC Drives as required by the order.
- Work with our suppliers in specifying Electrical, Hydraulic & Pneumatic components used on our equipment
- Generate Electrical, Hydraulic & Pneumatic Schematics and Bills of Materials in AutoCAD as required
- Program the PLCs and HMIs used to control the Machine Centers
- Work Hand-in-Hand with the Assembly Shop personnel on the Control System items during assembly of the equipment
- Work Hand-in-Hand with our Sister Company to incorporate their Control Systems to our equipment when needed
- Work Hand-in-Hand with any 3rd parties to incorporate their Control Systems to our equipment when needed
- Travel to job sites for commissioning of systems as required
- Support customer and field technicians as required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.