A Product Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Morrisville, NC area. Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and Technical experience relating to the development (design and/or test) of electric drive systems (at least 3 years).
location: Morrisville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $39.29 - 55.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel. Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations. Develops and/or executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- Applies knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products.
Design - components: works with internal module teams (eMachines, batteries, power electronics, software) and external suppliers to define and develop the component requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to design electric drive systems with key focus on requirements definition and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to verify electric drive components and systems including test planning, test setup, and test execution.
- Product engineering experience (at least 4 years)
- Product design experience (at least 3 years)
- Technical experience relating to the development (design and/or test) of electric drive systems (at least 3 years)
- strong practical experience in electric drive technology product application
- Experience with component development of electric machines or power electronics or alternators or batteries or power harnesses
- Experience with vehicle engineering (examples include: agriculture, construction, automotive, recreation, mining)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with emphasis on power conversion, electric machines, power electronics, electric drive control, and/or similar technologies or equivalent work experience
- Advanced technical degree in electric drive field
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.