A Construction Project Manager is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Gallatin, TX area. Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and seven (7) years professional experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
location: Gallatin, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $63.33 - 93.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Owns and manages the development of the Construction Execution Plan (CEP) and ensures it is aligned with the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Provides coordination between contractors, plant operations, and plant safety
- Coordinates construction support activities such as parking, office space, trailers, lunch, tents, warehousing, lay-down/storage yards, water, power, communications, etc.
- Ensures prompt, accurate and consistent reporting from contractors to the Project Manager, regarding quality, safety, productivity, cost and schedule, etc.
- When requested, consolidates reports into a summary construction management report
- Develops key contacts within constructor organizations to better understand job status
- Review applicable engineer drawings and provides comments back to the Project Manager or Design Manager
- Attend model reviews as required
- Assists the Project Manager in developing the project lessons learned
- Facilitates the Constructability Review process on projects
- Facilitates and leads construction kick-off meetings
- Facilitates construction meetings (daily, weekly, monthly) where the meeting frequency is determined with input from the Project Manager
- Addresses contractor performance issues
- Identifies and coordinates data center resources, with input from Project Manager, that are required to support construction
- Facilitates the Change Management process within execution including rev control, organizing walk-throughs, etc.
- Ensures adequate direct construction management oversight is provided and provides a resource plan and costs to the Project Manager
- Reviews project Change Orders to ensure cost and schedule impacts have been properly addressed
- Ensures as-builts drawings are prepared by contractors
- Monitors and ensures Facebook and contactor equipment management plans are implemented
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place to provide security and quality of purchased equipment
- Reviews and obtains security access requests for movement of contractor personnel, materials, and equipment
- Facilitates interaction between contractor's and Company QA/QC
- Ensures contractors have approved CMOPs for the work they will perform
- Ensures contractors are adhering to Company CMOP requirements
- Ensures contractors respond to quality issues and action items
- Monitors contractors to ensure compliance with approved QA/QC plans
- Ensures contactors collect and report on required quality metrics
- Participates in estimate reviews
- Understands construction contractor estimating and scheduling capabilities
- Understands each constructor's contractual terms
- Checks each contractor's invoice for accuracy and completeness
- Monitors contactor's headcount and approves contractors timesheets
- Communicates overtime work plan and justification to the Project Manager and Project Controls Lead
- Monitors and approves contractor's overtime requests
- Understands the project and construction cost estimates for individual constructors and monitors cost when applicable
- Monitors contractor productivity and reports areas of concern to the Project Manager and Project Controls Lead
- Appropriately challenges datacenter practices and policies that add unjustified construction costs
- Monitors and evaluates the costs required to sustain ongoing construction oversight and management
- Understands the project and construction schedule and monitors and reports contractor's progress as compared to schedule
- Communicates potential schedule slippages to the Project Manager
- Ensures contractor schedule updates are issued as originally agreed
- Construction Safety
- Demonstrates and communicates Company safety culture and values
- Communicates project related incidents per established protocol
- Ensures safety statistics are been captured and reported correctly
- Participates in contractor safety meetings
- Ensures safety audits are periodically done and action items closed
- Ensures contractors have an approved safety program and case management project before beginning work in the field
- Ensures contractors issue timely incident reports
- Maintains relationships with XFN teams at all levels and ensure safety protocols are followed
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree and/or minimum of seven (7) years professional experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Familiarity with retrofit projects in live data centers or other mission critical buildings including the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs).
- Overall understanding of building systems including mechanical, electrical, and fire protection in a data center environment.
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling practices and familiarity with Primavera P6 software.
- Functional in MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.).
- Data center design and construction experience.
- Project Manager Professional certification.
- Familiarity with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
- Knowledge of local US industry standards, building codes and safety standards.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.