Leader in medical device manufacturing is looking for Engineer in Brooklyn Park, MN for a contract role expected to last 6 months, possible extension, possible temp to perm.
Summary: Design and develop new products and product changes within NPD and sustaining engineering projects for disposable medical devices.
- Working knowledge of plastics materials and processing such as injection molding, extrusion, ultrasonic welding, UV/solvent bonding, and sterilization.
- Machine shop experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks CAD design and PDM enterprise software.
- Able to objectively identify technical problems and create solutions.
- Communicate frequently and efficiently with internal and/or external contacts.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to work in a fast paced and results driven environment.
- Able to work independently.
- strong verbal and written communication skills.
- strong organization, attention to detail, and documentation skills.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
Experience and/or Background BS in Mechanical, Plastics, Biomedical Engineering or a related field, MS preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of related experience in Class II or Class III medical product development.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) training or certification preferred.
location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Document engineering concepts.
- Create, modify, and maintain design documentation per company procedures.
- Design and build basic tooling, test fixtures and assembly equipment.
- Lead small to medium sized projects with cross-functional teams.
- Build prototypes and models and may operate machine tools.
- Understand customer needs through literature review, customer interviews, direct observation, competitive analysis, prototype evaluation, and clinical/simulated use studies.
- Write detailed technical reports based on design verification analysis/testing for design changes and product design activities.
- Develop and execute test methods which specify measurement equipment, test set-up, measurement systems analysis, and data analysis.
- Identify, investigate, and solve engineering problems.
- Interact with vendors to obtain equipment, components, supplies or services.
- Adhere to design control procedures, general safety rules, company policies and procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and FDA regulations.
-Effectively collaborate with engineering and cross functional support staff.
- Contribute to Baxter intellectual property through invention disclosures and patent applications.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.