A Design Technician is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Decatur, IL area. Candidate should have 2 year Degree with BS Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and CAD.
location: Decatur, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $17.25 - 25.23 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Analyze technical implications of the architect's design concept, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Build landscape, architectural and display models. Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary. Calculate weights, volumes, and stress factors and their implications for technical aspects of designs.
- Determine quality, cost, strength and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
- Team player and detail oriented. strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback. strong knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. strong knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. strong knowledge of relevant computer applications, such as CADD (Computer Aided Design and Drafting).
- This position is responsible for providing detailing, checking and releasing services for complex engineering CAD models, drawings and notices.
- This position assures that the engineering changes and releases of piece parts, assemblies, groups and arrangement level components are reviewed for completeness of information, accuracy and conformance to Company Corporate Product and Process Standards and Specifications.
- This position assures that newly designed parts will function properly when assembled, checks the accuracy and placement of dimensions and assures the proper use of tolerances.
- This position is responsible for providing high-quality collaboration with engineering clients on opportunities identified for improvement or suggested changes regarding the contributor's review of the CAD models, drawings and notices.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.