Our Client is looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to drive supplier quality assurance through initial supplier survey and working with other teams to confirm part requirements, analyze quality data, etc.
Ideal candidate will have B.S. in Engineering with 5+ years of supplier quality engineering experience. If you are a Certified Auditor, that's a plus!!!
They will also support purchasing with new and existing supplier assessments, establish communication to quality stakeholders, report on quality issues and preventive actions. Please apply if you have 5+ years of experience in QA/QC supervisor and management capacity, with good oral and written communication skills, and a growing desire to train and move ahead in the company. Company provides fantastic benefits and bonuses!
location: Libertyville, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible to proactively drive supplier quality assurance/control through initial supplier survey/qualification and follow-up confirmations. This position works closely with other teams and applicable groups to confirm part requirements, analyze supplier quality data (i.e. Cpk, capability studies), investigate non-conformances, and ensure adherence to supplier quality expectations.
- Partner within the business to solve difficult challenges associated with creating and maintaining quality management systems and processes supporting ISO standards.
- Partner with Engineering, Sourcing and all other applicable groups in product development process.
- Establish supplier quality requirements, verify quality plans and confirm corrective actions were properly implemented.
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization and continuous improvements.
- Develop and implement control plans and specifications; validate supplier quality controls.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in efforts to increase the supplier capability.
- Travel to supplier location to resolve quality problems.
- Collaborate with other teams to resolve quality issues.
- Support Purchasing with new / existing supplier assessments.
- Establish/maintain?effective?systems of internal communications?to all?quality stakeholders.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and preventive actions.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.