Worldwide leader in the manufacture of automotive parts seeks a STRATEGIC BUYER for its operations located just outside of CLEMSON, SC. This individual will be the expert for assigned commodities and play a key role in developing strategies that support the plant and the worldwide enterprise. This person will also provide commodity industry insight and advise and lead the strategic direction to drive competitive advantage for the organization. IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! $80k-$115k / bonus and relo assistance available
location: Seneca, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead supplier negotiations, sourcing and managing supplier performance for assigned products and services with little to no management assistance.
- Working with Global Commodity Managers, develop / carry out commodity strategies at local level
- Investigate and develop global sourcing opportunities whenever possible to consolidate and leverage across organization
- Develop a sound understanding of supply markets and deliver significant and sustainable reductions to the bottom line.
- Lead business teams to leverage knowledge to develop global strategies across multiple facilities
- Develop and implement long and short-range plans and objectives to ensure cost-effective and efficient management of plant requirements.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.