A Professional Engineer with experience working with the NJ Turnpike Authority is needed by a world leading A&E firm. Candidates need to have a BS Civil Engineering degree and experience building highways, tunnels and bridges. Must be a relationship builder. Should have the ability to see a project from design to completion. This is a high profile position. Salary, bonus and benefits.
location: West Orange, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 220,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for actively pursuing, investigating, and evaluating new or expanded opportunities for associated projects and services within the firm by maintaining contacts with current and prospective client decision makers.
- Assisting with the development, implementation, and monitoring of annual and strategic marketing plans for targeted projects.
- Supports proposal development and oral interview teams; reviews and recommends project marketing budgets subject to approval by senior management.
- Maintains visibility and professional courtesy by actively participating in civic and professional organizations and encourages project staff to do the same.
- Assists project staff in developing work plans; reviews and approves schedules, budgets, project milestone dates, and work products.
- Oversees financial performance of projects; assists project staff in identifying potential problems to ensure remedial actions are promptly taken to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with established quality control standards, ensuring that appropriate quality assurance activities are being performed throughout the project. Reviews QC plans and periodic QA compliance audits.
- Assists assigned project staff in facilitating work sharing with other operating units.
- Secures resource support from other operating units. Establishes work sharing commitments and negotiates outsourcing budgets with technical managers.
- Conducts contract negotiations with clients and sub-consultants.
- Recommends operational budgets for approval by senior management. Reviews and makes decision on proposed project budgets.
- Monitors monthly performance against budget to ensure project profitability.
- Management assignments typically involve large, multi-discipline assignments, including unconventional or complex projects made up of highly sophisticated and specialized technical components generating annual net revenue between $5 million to $20 million annually.
- Assists management team in identifying staffing needs and the hiring/compensation process based on future workload and manpower projections for project staffing.
- Will currently manage indirect reports from the Technical Professional Organization selected for staffing projects and support mentoring and evaluation of these staff.
- Responsible for direct management of staff as the local team is further built and expands.
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.