An Audio Verification Engineer is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Mountain View, CA area. Candidate should have Bachelors in EE, ME, Physics, or Acoustics and 5+ years of experience with audio and acoustic measurement.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $56.90 - 63.22 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Prepare prototype devices for acoustic characterization
- Characterize acoustic properties, using Sound Check, Audio Precision, Klippel, Acqua, or similar
- Review data for anomalies and prepare and plot data for review with stakeholders
- Acoustic Measurement
- Working with prototype devices (command line terminals, updating FW/SW)
- Data visualization
Education: Bachelors in EE, ME, Physics, or Acoustics.
- 5+ years of experience with audio and acoustic measurement
- Familiarity with best practices for acoustic measurement in 2pi and 4pi anechoic chambers
- Comfortable working with lab grade reference microphones (B&K, GRAS), reference speakers, and Audio Measurement HW and SW
- Specific Tools or Applications experience (ex. Google Apps, Salesforce CRM, etc) Certification or license (ex. CPA, PMP, Cisco)
- Listen SoundCheck
- Audio Precision
- Experience with audio test automation and scripting
- Working knowledge of interfacing with development SW in Linux, Android, or similar
- strong ability in plotting large datasets in Matlab or simliar
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.