Large utility is looking for a Project Cost Controller in Jackson, MI. A project cost controller's main duty is to track and control the costs associated with one or more of their employer's projects. This is a contract position estimated to last 12 months, possible extension, possible temp to perm. Apply Now!
location: Jackson, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- As a Project Cost Controller III, typical responsibilities include: developing monthly, annual, and project lifetime cost forecasts; planning and managing contractor project controls deliverables in conjunction with contractual requirements; assembling project financial status reports; managing and administering project change control activities; analyzing project costs to support project management decision making; and communicating project financial performance with upper management.
- A Project Cost Controller III typically serves as the primary project cost controller on a large project, or portfolio of projects, but may also serve in a supporting role.
- A Project Cost Controller III is expected to be well organized and detail oriented, with demonstrable skills and knowledge related to the planning and implementation of project controls methodologies and cost forecasting on large-scale construction projects.
- They should have a firm understanding of how to interpret engineering and construction contracts and implement methodologies by which to monitor and control such contracts.
- Communication skills are also key for this position, being able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with upper management and project team members.
- Although candidates are not expected to be experienced with the creation of project schedules, they must be able to demonstrate their ability to understand and interpret project schedules in order to effectively forecast project costs.
- Proficiencies in basic computing skills and the use of Excel spreadsheets are a strict requirement.
- Experience using SAP is desirable, but not required.
- A Project Cost Controller III will generally have some level of higher education and/or several years of experience implementing project controls methodologies on large-scale construction projects.
- Higher educational degrees in construction/project management or engineering are desirable, but degrees in business, accounting, or finance are also suitable.
- Candidates must be able to provide verifiable work experience where they were directly involved with the planning and execution of a project controls program on large-scale construction projects, or the cost management of a large portfolio of construction projects.
- Certifications from PMI or AACE will set candidates apart from others.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.