A Senior Project Cost Analyst is needed for a world class utility company in the Tulsa, OK (hybrid) area. Candidate should have qualified Associate's degree, six (6) years' qualified experience in utility specific operations knowledge/experience with a good working knowledge of work processes and procedures. Experience should be in design, operations, planning, project management, cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, working with accounting principles, and/or construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment.
location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
job type: Contract
salary: $32.14 - 46.42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Coordinate project meetings and work activities. Support the PM in the preparation and updating of project documentation and planning.
- Prepare forecasts of project spending and cash flows, budget variance monitoring, cost tracking/analysis. Provide analysis and verification for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) activities and assist with providing input to annual budget, capital forecasts, five-year plan and improvement requisitions. Perform estimate vs. actuals analysis.
- Collaborate with Project Management (PM), and other vested parties to perform variance reporting and/or establish original baseline budgets that are time-phased with dates from the system schedule. Create project breakdown structures.
- Perform some departmental organizational functions to ensure the smooth operation of project functions. This might include tracking, analyzing, and submitting verifying information for unvouchered liabilities, keeping project system records current and complete, and coordinating the work order process related to a project from creation of the work order through in-servicing and closing.
- Assist in the contracting process.
- Communicate with project team, resources, and other internal and external stakeholders on budgetary items.
- Works independently in resolving moderately complex problems. Perform varied assignments demonstrating technical knowledge and analytical techniques to solution of problems or analysis. Apply problem solving skills to resolve technical problems and initiate solution techniques.
- Develop and compile KPIs that are measurable outcomes.
- Providing strong teamwork with colleagues, vendors and/or customers and responding to customer/vendor inquiries, resolving work order issues and/or implementing action plans in a fast-paced, results-oriented team.
- Lead the administration of the Company project/work management organizational standards and assist in the management of projects to those standards. Adhere to the guidance and standards put forth by the Company Project Management Governance Committee.
With a qualified Bachelor's degree, four (4) years' qualified experience required; with a qualified Associate's degree, six (6) years' qualified experience.
Qualified degrees must be in a related field from an accredited university or college and could include Accounting, Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Technology, or Project Management.
Qualified experience includes utility specific operations knowledge/experience with a good working knowledge of work processes and procedures. Experience should be in design, operations, planning, project management, cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, working with accounting principles, and/or construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.