A Tool Designer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Ankeny, IA area. This position is responsible for the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, carts, racks, material handling equipment and lifting devices. Utilize Creo and other engineering standards to provide these designs.
location: Ankeny, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $17.25 - 28.87 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Works with cross functional teams to design new tooling.
- Participates in multifunctional design review to understand the product design intention and manufacturing processes.
- Provides consultation and recommendations to less experienced designers and engineers.
- Participates in tooling construction problem solving efforts.
- Designs and creates 3 Dimensional (3D) models of tooling components and assemblies with the direction of the manufacturing engineer and tooling design supervisor.
- 3+ years' experience in the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, material handling equipment and lifting devices
- 2+ years' experience utilizing Creo modeling or equivalent
- Working knowledge of welding processes, manufacturing processes, factory operations, and the ability to read and understand weld drawings and assembly drawings
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree
- Safety shoes with internal metatarsal protection
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.