Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Bay City TX. This position will work within a large chemical plant. The idea candidate will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize operating units to drive process and product improvements. The individual will identify, recommend and implement strategic projects to improve unit performance as well as collaborate with unit supervisors and other engineers to support process design and implementation of capital projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of related experience within oil & gas and a related degree. 9/80 schedule, bonus eligible!
location: Bay City, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- The Manufacturing Engineer works with the unit support personnel and the operations shift personnel to implement the Product Line goals as established by the Marketing, Supply chain and Sales Organization Identifies, develops and implements programs for the operating area
- Responsible for the integrity of the unit safety shutdown system, including leading the annual review of safety system.
- Coordinates or conducts training of Operators/shift personnel on quality, unit operations, safety, control schemes or environmental issues
- Actively participates in unit safety, environmental and reliability investigations.
- Assists in planning/coordinating annual turnarounds
- Steps up for the Manufacturing Lead (as needed)
- Represents Operations and provide engineering support for technical /capital projects.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve advanced process problems
- Develop recommendations to improve unit performance
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators for plant performance
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize operating units
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve target results.
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals
- Knowledgeable about OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management
- Provide technical expertise in PSM activities (PHA, MOC, PSV calculations, Safety Critical Equipment/Variables, Incident Investigations, etc.,)
- Responsible for Management of Change initiation for unit related changes (per PSM)
- Knowledgeable about Relief System, RV, design and evaluations.
- Production plan support in alignment with supply chain and unit leadership
- On stream reliability data reporting to management
- Production reports to management on monthly basis or as requested
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.