A Product Functional Test Technology Engineer is needed for a global power leader in the Stoughton, WI area.Candidate should have a Bachelor degree in engineering required and 2-4 years experience in a relevant discipline area is required. Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
location: Stoughton, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $27.14 - 38.39 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Investigates product test system and process problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as test system specification, design and validation and tools such as FMEA, 7-step problem solving, and process hazard analysis, required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Obtains input and negotiates with lab customers, lab technicians, and component suppliers and delivers test system requirements, processes, and instructions to lab technicians, product functional test engineers and equipment suppliers.
- Makes decisions in the areas of component selection, calibration processes, and operating processes that impact test equipment accuracy, reliability and operating cost.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability (Required)
- Team player and detail oriented (Required)
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations (Typically required)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports (Typically required)
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD) (Typically required)
- Prior entry level engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.