A Machine Test and Development Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Sanford, NC area. Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering field and Experience with SSL/CTL or other BCP machines or BCP Engine, Hydraulic, Powertrain, Electrical / Electronic, and/or machine Software & Control systems.
location: Sanford, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $32.86 - 46.29 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Review and approve sampling procedures and designs, forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Review and supervise programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- May conduct training sessions on quality control activities.
- Considered a specialist in areas of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, product reliability, inventory control, metrology, automated testing, software, research and development, and administrative application.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as chemical, electrical, or mechanical. May manage quality control program.
- A minimum of 2 years of post-graduate and relevant product development work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Demonstrated Proficiency in Troubleshooting & Problem Solving
Demonstrates the following characteristics:
- Customer Focus, Accountability, and Ownership
- Teamwork, Organization, and Communication
- Effectively prioritize, manage time, and work autonomously
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks and maintain schedule
- Plan ahead but be flexible and adaptable
- Focus on details, but work at a high level when required
- Demonstrate sense of urgency and goes above and beyond when needed
- Knowledge of various data acquisition equipment, including electronic knowledge to select, assemble, troubleshoot and repair a variety of transducers.
- Experience with strain gauges.
- Light metal fabrication.
- Electric vehicle testing, development, or design experience/
- Vehicle controls, ECUs, Networks, & Protocols (eg CAN, J1939, etc) experience/
- Previous test or product development experience on machines or systems/
- Familiarity with basic measurement techniques and statistical analysis/
- Experience with SSL/CTL or other BCP machines or BCP Engine, Hydraulic, Powertrain, Electrical / Electronic, and/or machine Software & Control systems.
- Familiarity with Test & Development applications / tools such as: Data Analysis software, (eg DATK), CANape, CadetWin.
- Machine operating experience.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Schematics.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.