A Control Systems Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Houston, TX area. Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in an accredited Electrical Engineering and Experience with datalinks: J1939 and Modbus RS-232, Modbus RS-485, Modbus TCP/IP.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $40.71 - 57.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- As a Control Systems Engineer, you will solve complex control system problems, and develop critical components and systems.
- This position is responsible for developing marine, industrial, and oil & gas engine panels, software and control systems.
- This role will support projects by developing functional requirement specifications, electrical systems, config files, test plans, and test fixtures.
- Support Energy & Transportation projects which improve critical business growth beyond core projects and financial results
- Design, Develop and test local operating panels for engines
- Develop functional requirement specifications: cost, features, quality
- Develop and test config files (integrated testing with engine, panels and displays)
- Support FMEAs
- Submit/Track components through APQP process
- Conduct Deep Dives and Design Reviews with Clients, suppliers, and team members
- Track and resolve NPI (New Product Introduction) and CPI (Continuous Product Improvements) issues
- Support and/or Lead Local CPI projects
- Manage project Change Management Requests (CRMs)
- Release Company Engineering Drawings (EDS and MCS)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Technical proficiency in some software applications.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant work engineering work experience
- Experience reading electrical schematics
- Experience with Electronic Hardware and Software testing
- Experience with J1939 datalink and CANalyzer
- Experience with Engine Electronic Hardware and/or Software
- Experience with Electronic Engines
- Experience with Electronic Service Technician (ET) software
- Experience with datalinks: J1939 and Modbus RS-232, Modbus RS-485, Modbus TCP/IP
- Experience with CANape and Modscan
- Experience with Engine Electronics, Panels or Displays
- Experience with CAD Tools: Visio and Autocad
- Experience with EDS/MCS component releasing process
- Experience developing electrical schematics and harnesses
- Experience with internal (1E) drawing release standards
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.