Contract Opportunity: Engineering client is looking for a few Environmental Compliance Specialist/Environmental Scientists with 3-10+ years of experience to support electric utility construction projects. You will provide environmental support, permitting, regulatory inspections, waste characterization, and similar projects in and around Houston, TX. This is a long term contract opportunity with the opportunity of going direct. Our client prefers candidates that are local to Houston.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- As an Environmental Compliance Specialist, support compliance work and auditing for multimedia environmental compliance areas
- Provide field observation of project activities to confirm that the approach in the being followed properly
- Provide field observations include tracking project activities (i.e., cleaning, dismantlement, final disposition) of individual pieces of equipment in dedicated work areas.
- Provide tracking data for your Project Manager (Engineer of Record) closure report
- Coordination and interface with on-site Client team (i.e., general contractor, contractor, subcontractor) related to project health & safety, decommissioning and dismantlement
- Attend in-person and virtual project meetings
- Work includes a mix of field assessments, report/permit preparation and travel
- Regional travel up to 50%
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.