Great client is looking for a Senior Commodity Manager, Electronics. This candidate will be responsible for planning, sourcing and procurement activities supporting rapid new product development, the transition to volume production, and the hand-off to external contract manufacturers. Must have experience with sourcing/buying for PCB's. This candidate will have primarily responsible for handling electronic assemblies, including PCB, PCBA and electronic components, focusing on managing the execution of the supply plan and ensuring that suppliers meet performance targets around on-time delivery, quality, service and cost for assigned commodities.
Unbelievable benefits, competitive compensation package and huge growth potential.
location: North Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Own the electronics supply chain plan for PCB (fabs) across the product life cycle, including next generation roll out, new product introduction, performance improvement, alternate source qualification and chip shortages.
- Lead cross functional team meetings, including Quality, Engineering, Project Management and Manufacturing to ensure buy-in from internal stakeholders on obsolescence mitigation, safe ramp up/down planning, step-by-step validation of the design from fabs to PCBAs, from prototype to mass production stages.
- Represent supply chain on cross functional product development teams through all phases of Product Development. Plan, buy and monitor materials to support engineering projects and secure pipeline to support production at product release
- Execute the sourcing and procurement of fabs and the related schedule of PCBA builds wit Contract Manufacturers, including RFQ, DFM review, price negotiation, PO placement, contractualization and follow-up on commercial, delivery or quality issues
- Track delivery status for all open purchase orders and convey information to stakeholders. Proactively follow-up with suppliers and communicate status. Expedite orders as required.
- Interface with Engineering, R&D, Operations, Planning, and Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements, and to influence technical design decisions
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of the electronics industry market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape.
- Understand and lead supplier selection/transitions and identify/develop/grow preferred supply base to support Commodity Strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business, or equivalent combination of education, training and
experience is required
- 5-10 years of technical procurement experience with printed circuit board assemblies, electronic components, and PCBs
- Understanding of key manufacturing processes supporting the commodity: PCB, PCBA, EE Components, Electronics Contract Manufacturing (EMS). Product launch experience from design to production.
- Must have hands-on experience working with an ERP System; NetSuite user experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- strong purchasing skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Experience dealing with Asian suppliers
- strong spreadsheet skills enabling navigation of large data sets to inform PO placements
- Agile and able to react to changes
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment and drive team adherence
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.