A Engineer is needed for a world class utility company in the Tulsa, OK area. Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in engineering and 2 or more years of related engineering experience in a program accredited by ABET.
location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
job type: Contract
salary: $18.91 - 37.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Accurately model transmission system topology including impedance and facility ratings for lines, generators, and transformers for Medium, High, and Extra High Voltages using compnay-internal modeling database, PSS/E, and/or ASPEN OneLiner.
- Fulfill various system modeling related requests from Engineering and Operations personnel and submitted via ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Collaborate with others internal/external to the team to model planned projects, build power flow, and short circuit model cases representing the future transmission system, as needed.
- Participating in the planning and organization of project work activities. Perform electrical transmission system analysis and protection system studies, as requested.
- Perform activities related to NERC Compliance standards. Apply problem solving skills to resolve technical problems and initiate solution techniques.
Demonstrated experience modeling transmission and generation system topology using Siemens ODMS, Siemens MOD, Siemens PSSE, and/or ASPEN OneLiner.
- Modeling transmission lines, transformers, and circuit breakers
- Modeling transmission system changes resulting from planned upgrade projects
- Providing modeling support for specific RTO power flow and short circuit case building
- Modeling inverter based generation for Wind and Solar applications
- Modeling synchronous based conventional generation
- Performing transmission system fault studies including circuit breaker duty analysis
- Demonstrated experience of working with NERC Compliance Standards
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement including process development, implementation, adherence, and training
- Demonstrated experience comparing data from various sources, evaluating validity of data, and performing clean-up activities, as necessary.
Electrical preferred, but will accept Mechanical and Civil
- Has typically acquired 2 or more years of related engineering experience along with a Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET.
- Individuals with a Master's degree in engineering from an engineering program accredited by ABET,may be considered for entry into the organization at this level.
- ABET - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Acceptable alternatives are (1. a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2. a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master's degree or PhD in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor's program.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.