Great company to grow your carrer. 8+ year average employee tenure, and teams of empowered and engaged employee-owners. If you have hardware in the loop experience and MBSD knowledge, with LabVIEW knowledge, this is a amazing opportunity for you. If you enjoy working in a team setting to solve complex hardware and software problems please apply.
location: Fargo, North Dakota
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
As a Test Support Engineer you will be responsible for the setting up, configuring, and monitoring test systems for electronic products. Position includes high-level functions such as test planning, completing test reports, and troubleshooting test setups. The Test Support Engineer is required to acquire, document, review, and interpret customer requirements and specifications. From these requirements, the engineer will configure test systems, troubleshoot issues, and report test pass-fail information requested by the the customer.
Primary functions include:
- Setup and configuration of hardware and test monitoring software associated with product testing.
- Coordinating pre and post-test functional testing of units undergoing testing.
- Troubleshooting issues with automated test software using National Instruments' LabVIEW.
- Updating test monitoring software for use with new tools and devices.
- Generating and completing documentation associated with product testing.
- Developing schedules, and other project documentation
- Coordinating lab tests, supplier tests and government certification tests as required
- Keeping stakeholders informed of the status of in-process testing.
- 4 year degree in an applicable Engineering or Science program or a Technical degree plus equivalent work experience
- Experience within an electronic product test development and production environment using automated test equipment
- Proficient in National Instruments LabVIEW-based programming
- Strong PC skills
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as CAN, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience with data management, data acquisition, device control and instrument communication
- Willingness to achieve certification through National Instruments program
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within a team (internal/customer) environment
- Knowledge in software test tools and communication protocols
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.