A Metrology Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Sunnyvale, CA area. Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in Optical Sciences, Physics, Engineering or related field and experience with optical technologies including imaging, illumination, photometry, physical optics, polarization, and color science.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $43.33 - 64.37 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop testing and metrology capabilities for a broad range of optical parameters for imaging and non-imaging systems
- Specify instruments and tools for optical measurements of components, sub-assemblies, and systems
- Work with vendors for development and qualification of tools and custom test systems, including statistical analysis controls and methods
- Work with other team members to create test plans for component and system validation tests for optical systems
- Debug and root cause issues with fabricated components and assess viability in terms of product requirements
- Deliver test system rigor through GRR, tolerance analysis, and cross correlation of measurements both internally and with external partners
- Knowledge of standard tools and methods for measurement system automation and control
- High attention to detail
- Preferred Python or Matlab programming skills
- Basic Opto-mechanical knowledge and hands on skills are a plus
- Preferred Knowledge of optical design tools such as Zemax, FRED or ASAP
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to research.
- Self motivated, persuasive, and analytical.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Bachelor's degree in Optical Sciences, Physics, Engineering or related field.
- Experience in applied research or product development of advanced optics.
- Experience with optical technologies including imaging, illumination, photometry, physical optics, polarization, and color science.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.