An Optical Design Validation Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Redmond, WA area. Candidate should have Master's degree in physics, optical science and 3+ years of experience working on metrology development. Experience in Matlab, Python, C++ or other equivalent engineering software tools.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $56.66 - 83.70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop a deep understanding of display Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be tested for reality lab products by collaborating across different disciplines and technology teams
- Build and execute test plans
- Design precision test fixtures to meet strict requirements
- Work with internal fabrication and prototyping teams to build test equipment in our labs
- Direct external vendors to fabricate additional test equipment and perform testing as needed
- Report results to a broad audience and work with design teams to improve performance
- Data analysis of large sets of optical data
- Manage working partnerships with hardware engineers and/or vendors.
- Master's degree in physics, optical science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working on metrology development
- Hands on experience in display optical measurements
- Excellent communication skills to work with cross functional teams
- Comfortable with basic linux command lines
- Experience in Matlab, Python, C++ or other equivalent engineering software tools
- Experience providing technical contributions to innovation-driven product design teams
- Experience in Matlab image processing toolbox or OpenCV
- Experience designing test equipment and following validation best practices
- Experience working with EE, ME, FW, SW, and other cross-functional teams
- Experience working to deliver in a new product category
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Masters
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.