Amazing opportunity to work for a company that is revolutionizing their industry - be part of history!!
The CAD design engineers will help to support the design development and deployment . The Mechanical Design Team is responsible for the design of mechanical components to fulfill specific functions for a system in the reactor plant. Candidates must work collaboratively with other engineers, design analysts, suppliers and project stakeholders to coordinate the successful design of the components.
Ideal candidates will have experience with Siemens NX, but if not strong Solidworks will be good as well.
location: ROCKVILLE, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
These 3D CAD Design Engineers will specifically be responsible for design of mechanical components that make up the Fuel Handling System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The 3D CAD Design Engineer will coordinate the design of components of the Fuel Handling System from concept development through final design, prototyping, testing and production for use in a qualified reactor plant. Candidates should have a firm understanding of mechanical engineering principles, engineering analysis, design processes, and basic mechanical system operation and control concepts. The 3D CAD Design Engineer is responsible for meeting program technical objectives and technical requirements, including:
- Working closely with the systems engineers and other design engineers to develop mechanical/ physical concepts, designs, and processes to create structures, systems and components (SSCs) related to the Fuel Handling Systems.
- Engage vendors in the design and manufacturing of mechanical systems and their related components.
- Develop relevant 3D CAD models and detailed component drawings of unique systems and components.
- Create and check manufacturing technical data packs and 2-D detail component drawings to ensure fabricated components are produced to in accordance with the design specifications.
- Ensure SSC's are properly designed and integrated into the design of the overall system to meet their component level functions and requirements.
- Candidates must have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of mechanical design experience and be proficient in the use of 3D CAD software (Siemens NX CAD is preferred but not required).
- Good communication and collaboration skills are necessary to effectively coordinate interfaces between systems, suppliers, and project stakeholders.
- Candidates with relevant experience in design of custom or unique first-of-a kind mechanical components for process plant and/or nuclear power plants are encouraged to apply.
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations; edits work for accuracy and clarity; creates or reads and interprets complex written information.
- Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.