An Associate Distribution Engineer is needed for an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company in the Atlanta, GA area. Candidate should have Bachelors of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering required and 0-2 years experience using CAD tools.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $19.08 - 29.68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric & gas distribution system using various software systems and construction standards.
- Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment.
- Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects.
- Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems.
- Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices.
- preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
- The associate level candidate need not be proficient in applicate customer engineering, construction standards, and software systems.
- Training will be provided by Company.
- strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Professional dress and demeanor
Masters degree: Relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering
Nice to haves:
- Experience using CAD tools
- Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
- Familiarity with PoleForeman, Bentley OpenUtilities Designer, GE Smallworld, Maximo
- Fundamentals of Engineer certification
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.