An Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Sunnyvale, CA area. Candidate should have Advanced degree in image processing, color science, vision science, perceptual psychology, optics, biomedical engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field and 3+ years experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Matlab, Python, C++/C#.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $73.33 - 110.79 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Study and model human perception from psychophysics experiments and user study, set target requirements for camera and display image quality.
- Work with internal partners on sensor data collection and analysis.
- Perform camera and display color calibration and characterization.
- Camera and display color processing modeling and analysis.
- Explore novel ideas to improve camera, display image quality and user experience, present it to the internal teams and even scientific conferences (if appropriate).
- Advanced degree in image processing, color science, vision science, perceptual psychology, optics, biomedical engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field with an emphasis on image quality, perceptual modeling, psychophysics, and/or metrics evaluating perceptual performance.
- 3+ years experience (inclusive of graduate school research experience) in camera or display image quality evaluation via perception studies, imaging & imaging physics or color science research and development.
- Knowledge of color and optical measurement methodology and metrics.
- Knowledge of human perception and color science.
- Experience with user study, human perception and psychophysics experiment design.
- Experience translating user experience and perceptual science targets into products.
- Understanding of ambient light sensor, image sensor, camera and display hardware systems.
- Experience with camera image ISP and display processing pipeline and architecture.
- Experience with the use of psychophysics toolbox and QUEST+ is a plus.
- Experience with HDR tone mapping and video processing is another plus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Masters
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.