Electrical Controls Engineer needed for a global leader in the design and manufacturing of a variety of products across numberous industries.. In this role you will support internal industrial electrical controls engineering related projects. This includes but is not limited to system design, installation, programming, and project management.
location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide technical support as required to ensure plant equipment is operating and optimized. This would include trouble shooting of down equipment as required. Understand equipment electrical controls obsolescence and creating a plan to mitigate.
- Participate as part of a team to drive Smart Factory/Industry 4.0 implementation.
- Implement error proofing solutions that are integrated into the assembly line or manufacturing process control system. Examples would be the integration of DC tools, vision systems, sensors, in-process/post process gage systems, data collection etc.
- Implement part traceability utilizing 2D DPM barcoding and SQL databases.
- Maintain proper documentation for equipment including electrical schematics, programs, procedures, and manuals.
- Team member for the planning and development of processes and equipment that incorporate the most advanced cost-effective technology for machining, measurement, and material handling.
- Emphasize lean manufacturing, automation, and other state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Participate in new equipment design and build reviews to ensure that the electrical control systems meet company specifications.
- Project management and commissioning of capital equipment projects as assigned.
- Assist in vendor selection, equipment specification, quotation, and reviews for new equipment.
- Identify and implement product cost reductions.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.