An Electrical Engineer is needed for a leading engineering design firm in the Chicago metro area. The Electrical Engineer is responsible to conduct engineering and design tasks for industrial, agricultural, and petro chemical clients.
Qualified candidates must have a BS in Electrical engineering, and 10+ years' of related engineering and design experience. Candidates who have a PE are strongly desired. This is a contract role slated to last at least 6 months, and may have the opportunity to become permanent. Our client is only seeking local talent at this time.
location: Downers Grove, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 81 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Conduct engineering and design tasks for industrial, agricultural, and petro chemical clients
- Perform electrical design calculations including feeder sizing, load calculations, load flow, short circuit, protective device coordination, arc flash analysis, motor starting and grounding via SKM PowerTools and/or ETAP
- Develop electrical specifications of electrical equipment, electrical systems, and construction methods and materials for low voltage through high voltage systems
- Conduct design review to assure adherence to applicable codes, standards and project requirements
- Review of equipment quotations and submittals; assist with proposal support including development of project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.