A Relay Engineering NERC CIP Support Engineer is needed for a company that provides essential energy services to more than 10 million customers in the United States and the United Kingdom. Remote work. This position ensures high quality of the engineering team's deliverables verifying all documented processes and procedures are followed. These procedures are based on enforceable national standards, company and industry best practices and are uniformly applied in system protection.
location: Remote, Remote
job type: Contract
salary: $50.67 - 76.67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Prepares, executes and coordinates the planning, documentation and follow up of Cyber Asset assessments (CSVA, CSV), protective (security) patching and conducts reviews confirming engineering protection and control procedures are delivered.
- Able to work in a variety of functions either in field locations or in the home office, which may include necessary activities ensuring quality processes are implemented in optimization of system/component performance and availability. Verification of in field systems either documenting as left conditions or ensuring new systems meet requirements before in service.
- Applies industry best practices in development of procedures and processes addressing quality and reliability standards requirements.
- Works effectively in a team environment and may assume the role of team leader.
- Provides quality assurance, procedure and standards requirements guidance and recommendations to other company employees in support of high quality, timely and cost-effective engineering solutions to technical problems. CIP audit guidance as required.
- Builds knowledge of the organization's reliability and quality procedures and processes.
- Ensures department deliverables exceed all industry standard requirements through development and implementation of uniform processes based on industry best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or science from a college or university accredited by ABET. Candidates with extensive experience and certifications in quality assurance in lieu of the specified degree will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years experience implementing a quality or reliability program, or project management involving engineering projects.
- Engineers with quality or licensing experience with generation, distribution, industrial protection, or system planning will be considered.
- NERC Reliability standards expertise Cybersecurity program implementation expertise
- Knowledge of Protection & Controls engineering
- Six Sigma Certification
- PMP Certification
- Experience in the energy industry Quality program implementation in a regulated industry such as nuclear or pharmaceuticals
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.