Growing manufacturer in the Wentzville area is seeking a Controls Engineer for 2nd shift (3pm - 11:30 pm). The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience as a Controls Engineer or maintenance technician in manufacturing. Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred but experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Wentzville, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 107,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Responsible for creating, documenting, developing, supporting and improving upon the control systems that are essential to the production processes.
- Help in tooling design and automation for new projects and process changes driven by product engineering changes
- Responsible for the transfer of all equipment and process documentation
- Responsible for programming torque control systems and joint development.
- Help establish design goals, process and equipment specifications for Controls and Electrical power distribution systems.
- Develop and track capital investment budgets for assigned projects.
- Integrating and networking PC's and PLC's (TCP/IP, EthernetIP)
- Drive lean concepts (5S, OEE, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization.
- Implement process improvements to improve overall efficiencies, including automation.
- Collaborate on all controls related communication internally and externally, including technical presentation, design reviews, capacity analysis, and feasibility studies
- At least 2 years of experience as a Controls Engineer or maintenance technician in manufacturing required
- B.S. in Engineering or programming preferred
- Programming experience (Allen Bradley Micro Logic, SLC 500's, ControlLogix 5000 processors) and Vision Systems (Cognex, DVT, Keyence)
- HMI programming experience
- JIT, SPD, ILVS and Batch manufacturing systems experience
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.