Great new client is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to support their design, development, build and acceptance of advanced power electronic products and systems. In this role you will work with the R&D staff to coordinate project activities throughout the project life cycle. Candidates should have previous experience with advanced test equipment or electronic and software-based system development
location: Binghamton, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for the design, development, build and acceptance of advanced power electronic products and systems.
- Work with R&D staff in power electronics, DSP/FPGA firmware, real-time simulation, and application of an NI toolchain for HMI, test automation, measurement, and data acquisition.
- Coordinate project activities throughout the project life cycle including:
- Internal and customer design reviews
- Procurement and expediting
- Kickoff meetings, internal and with 3rd party partners
- Power up and initial validation
- Customer FAT and SAT
- Work with the customer, engineering team, manufacturing, and quality departments to develop project requirements and gather business and technical information.
- Identify, track, manage and resolve project issues.
- Proactively distribute project information to all stakeholders.
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating project risk.
- Ensuring that the solution is of acceptable quality.
- Proactively managing scope to ensure that only what was agreed to is delivered unless changes are approved through scope management.
- Work with customers directly on change order requests
- Defining and collecting measurements of how the project is progressing and whether the deliverables produced are acceptable.
- Managing the overall schedule to ensure work is assigned and completed on time and within budget.
- Identifying and documenting all business, technical, product and process requirements.
- Work with engineering, manufacturing, and QC to transition of the product to production and resolve technical issues which arise during the production phase of the product life.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- PMP certification or MBA an asset
- 5-7 years of technical project management experience (preferably with advanced test equipment or electronic and software-based system development)
- Working knowledge of Project Management software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.