Great client is looking for a Maintenance technician to join their team in St. Petersburg, FL. In this role, you will diagnose & perform minor and routine maintenance/repairs in a timely and professional manner for the various businesses they manage in the area. Candidates should be able to perform timely rounds at properties, to ensure buildings are up and running, for tenants. Repairs could include general upkeep as well as troubleshooting complex mechanical systems.
location: St. Petersburg, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 41,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
Ability to Perform General Maintenance Services to Properties
- Diagnose & perform minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to perform timely rounds at properties, to ensure buildings are up and running, for tenants and patients
- Basic skill sets for general upkeep of properties, including, but not limited to...
- Drywall repair
- Basic Plumbing
- Basic electrical knowledge, for light, ballast, and plug change outs
- Basic irrigation system knowledge
- Ability to investigate and troubleshoot complex mechanical systems, including, but not limited to...
- Commercial HVAC systems
- Fire control systems
- Fire sprinkler systems
- Door access systems
- Have working knowledge of building control systems, including ability to monitor/read/adjust HVAC control system, door, lighting, and fire systems ? Ability & motivation to perform necessary clean-up services, inclusive of exterior areas, restroom areas, and all areas where trash/debris/spills have been noticed
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Ability & motivation to coordinate, monitor, provide necessary insight, and assist with all matters of projects, which involve vendors, and may impact properties, tenants, and staff
- Ability to communicate issues as reported by vendor to management in a clear and concise manner
- Maintain organization of vendor services, and report appropriately to management, and other co-workers
- Requirement to respond to tenant service requests, and make every effort to address tenant issues to tenant satisfaction. Management will provide all necessary support to help achieve this goal.
- Ability to work in health care environments, and be respectful of tenant standards of conduct, patient rights, and be protective of tenant operations and assets ?
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor, regardless of tenant/patient actions toward employee
- Ability to provide definition and explanation to tenants, to better educate tenants issues which affect tenants and their spaces
- Ability & motivation to report maintenance issues and service requests to Assistant Property Manager, through means of maintenance reporting software (Building Engines) in a timely fashion
- Requirement to report building incidents and emergencies to appropriate managers, tenants, service vendors, and civic parties.
- Maintain organization and record of all company purchases, and making notation of all receipts, for appropriate charge backs to tenants.
- Maintain organization at each site, to facilitate timely retrieval of inspections, certificates, tests, records, and drawings
- Ability to maintain a valid Florida driver's license, and be included on company vehicle insurance policy
- Requirement to properly maintain company vehicle and property in optimum working condition, including seeing to vehicle maintenance, appearance, and organization.
- Ability to maintain organization of all stock supplies, and to ensure every effort to care and preserve supplies has been made
- Ability to be on-call for a proportionate amount of weekend/holiday days during the year
- Ability & motivation to perform necessary emergency and service response outside of normal scheduled working hours
- Requirement of wearing company-issued uniform apparel
- Maintaining a clean and manicured appearance, appropriate existing facial hair and hair length
- Promote good public relations with tenants, vendors, co-workers, and other general public at all times, always portraying a friendly and courteous attitude ? Making every effort to promote a team-oriented work environment, and get along with other co-workers
- Make every effort to educate co-workers, vendors, management on buildings systems and skill training, as appropriate
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.