A Quality Inspector is needed for a company that manufactures and sells marking, tracking and computer printing technologies in the Holtsville, NY area. First Article Quality Inspector. Inspects, audits and reports on Manufactured and/or Purchased parts, materials, equipment, processes and products using variable or attribute measuring instruments and techniques to ensure conformance with company and industry Quality Standards. Prepares and maintains work-related reports and records.
Qualified candidate should have 3+ years quality experience, preferably in a Manufacturing or Engineering Development operation.
location: Holtsville, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $15 - 16 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performs product audits for appearance, quality and/or operating performance by working from schematics, prints, standards, specifications prior to acceptance or shipping on various products or materials.
- Performs routine inspection to detect incorrect/damaged/missing parts, defects, tolerance dimensions on piece parts, basic assemblies and kits and Industry standards.
- May set-up, adjust and adopt various types of standard and precision electrical or mechanical equipment or fixtures to meet inspection and test criteria.
- Works with Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production as necessary to identify problem areas and assist in providing resolution.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Coordinate Measurement Machines, gauge Calibration requirements. Network and Personal Computer Equipment, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- CAD knowledge and Associates Degree or Technical Certificate preferred.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.