A global electronics component developer/manufacturer for the aerospace and medical device industry is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team near Avon, New York. This company has been around for over 100 years and has 12 manufacturing facilities with over 2,100 employees. This Engineer is a member of a cross functional team that develops new products for high complexity applications.
Salary is commensurate with experience up to $80K plus great health/retirement benefits.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Avon, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Develop new inductor and transformer designs that will include:
- Solid models for components, subassemblies, and systems
- Design analysis including simulation and testing of dynamic and thermal performance
- Understanding of diverse raw materials and electromechanical assembly including PCB methods
- Custom tooling, assembly and inspection fixtures
- BOMs, Routers & Compliance Matrix
- Manufacturing instructions, inspection procedures, FMEA and PPAP support
- Provide other engineering expertise and support to drive rapid development of new technologies, new products and successful new production launch.
- Support Engineering team in rapid development of prototypes, First Articles, and perfomance of validation testing including AS9102 First Article Inspection Reports and Agency qualifications as needed
- Monitor assigned projects and remedy delays and roadblocks to assure timely completion
- Communicate with customers concerning technical requirements of new product designs
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.