A Systems and Solutions Architect Engineer is needed for one of the world's largest suppliers of aerospace and defense products in Los Angeles, CA, Annapolis, MD, Carrollton, TX, Pittsburgh, PA, OR New York, NY areas. Candidate should have Bachelor's degree and experience in Complex software based systems.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $47.86 - 67.92 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide input and participate in strategic planning with a focus on technology enhancements, industry trends, and long-term solution vision.
- Evaluate strategic and tactical technology decisions, provide cost-benefit analysis, and schedule impact with business cases.
- For approved strategic technical initiatives, plan and oversee the execution of the initiative from inception to completion.
- Participate in bid and proposal efforts for Company by providing technical guidance on the proposed solution, cost estimation, and technical proposal documentation.
- Identify and implement process improvements for bids and proposals to reduce engineering time needed to complete bids and increase quality of engineering deliverables.
- Identify, evaluate, and plan mitigation strategies for projects technical risks.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting for all projects as a top tier escalation path.
- Facilitate information sharing and technical interchanges with Project Engineering Leads to ensure technical coordination amongst the projects.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives through process development, documentation, training and oversight.
- Participate in customer facing technical interchange meetings to represent ST&CI engineering and the greater engineering community.
- Review and assess technical specifications and contracts to ensure proper compliance within the business unit and engineering.
- Provide input and guidance on Capital initiatives for new solutions and existing solution enhancements.
- Lead SME on developing new business opportunities in technically related markets not actively being explored (e.g. cloud-based technology systems vice current air-gapped standalone systems).
- Participate in milestone reviews for identified critical or complex projects.
- Minimum - BS in a STEM field:
- Bids & Proposals
- System Design
- Complex software based systems
- Rail Industry
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.