A Material Coordinator is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Grovetown, GA area.
location: Grovetown, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $17.25 - 18.91 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Coordinates department(s) schedule performance for procuring, expediting, the movement of rejected material to source.
- Recommends procedures for specific situations that will maintain inventory accuracy and management.
- Finds root cause of material shortages. May provide recommendations for solutions.
- Utilizes Master Schedule to create and distribute daily production schedules.
- May include the processing of transactions for inbound/outbound materials.
- Audits material replenishment cycles and accuracy and may create material replenishment plans with assistance.
- Counts and resolves inventory errors and expedites parts to ensure uninterrupted production. Works critical shortage reports to ensure part availability.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate operating and information systems such as SAP
- Understanding of complex functions & principles with the ability to teach others
- 4-year degrees in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, etc. are highly preferred.
- Knowledge and application of supply management processes and tools
- Understanding of the principles of supply management and can independently use the knowledge
- Knowledge of Kanban and other delivery methods
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, high emphasis in Excel and Outlook Available and flexible to work variable shifts (first, second, third) depending upon changing business needs
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.