A Buyer, Direct Materials is needed for a leading manufacturing organization near Utica, NY. The Buyer, Direct Materials is responsible to manage relationships with suppliers to ensure stable supply chain, as well as manage materials purchases through efficient order management processes, through effective use of ERP system tools and parameters, develop PO strategies and supplier capabilities.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years' of buying, supply chain, and procurement experience for a manufacturing organization. Proficiency with Epicore is strongly desired. This is a direct-hire role, and relocation is available for qualified candidates.
location: NEW YORK MILLS, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manages relationships with suppliers to ensure the best positioning towards a stable supply chain at the best value
- Drives supplier performance toward optimal price, delivery, quality and service
- Act as a commodity owner for specific, assigned categories; build and executing strategy, aligning with leadership and key stakeholders as required
- Manage materials purchases through effective use of ERP system tools and parameters, PO strategies and supplier capabilities
- Lead sourcing activities to identify, select and onboard qualified vendors to meet the needs of the business; Negotiate prices and contracts to achieve best value considering design, quality and delivery requirements
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.