Amazing client is looking to hire a season Event Specialist - role is 100% remote right now. Ideally the candidate would be based out of one of the following markets: Dallas/Ft Worth market, Memphis, Phoenix, Boston, Austin, or Pittsburgh as the offices are beginning to open up and down the road it might move to a hybrid role.
Candidates MUST be a CMP ( certified meeting planner) and have substantial experience using Cvent.
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This role will be responsible for providing a world-class level of customer service on a day-to-day basis that represents the company in customer facing events. This position will manage key programs within Medical Education from inception to completion and will act as a true business partner with Sales, Marketing and integral internal functions to ensure delivery of the highest quality.
Additionally, the Medical Education Event Operations Specialist will be responsible for logistical ownership of entire event cycle including venue sourcing, contract negotiation, AV/production sourcing, ground transportation, F&B planning, event design, web design, mobile app & registrations, onsite event support as well as program budget management and reconciliation. This person will be able to utilize event technology logistics with Cvent Software, including registration, attendee tracking, reporting, onsite registration, mobile app creation, marketing initiatives, and pre/post-event evaluations. This person will have excellent time management, communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high level of customer service.
Event Management Planning
- Manage all aspects of event planning for Medical Education courses and initiatives - Ensure corporate spend is within Health Care Compliance (HCC) guidelines
- Research resources, make site visits, and lead pre-event meetings when necessary to help staff make decisions about event design
Event Management Execution
- Lead on-site specialist for large scale Medical Education events, including management of registration desk and printed collateral.
- Reconcile and submit payments for Corporate meeting Card and routinely monitor charges to ensure proper usage
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including contract negotiations, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, decor, and marketing materials
- Troubleshoot and handle any issues that arise on the event day - Conduct Venue sourcing and negotiations via Cvent Supplier Network
- Utilize technology such Zoom, Cvent, OnArrival, Social Tables, Crowd Compass and others as necessary
- Generate and download reports: registrant, attendee, polling responses, and Q&A
- Sends out confirmation email through Cvent
- Tracks and processes all changes, including updating hotel confirmation numbers and cancellation numbers, room name changes
- Provides reports such as: rooming, participants list, ground transportation, group air, arrival and departure, food and beverage, translation etc
. - Knowledge of meeting planning policies, procedures, compliance and business practices
Reporting and Compliance
- Maintain accurate Open Payment reporting for the US and OUS required reporting at the country or regional level as needed - Track HCP expenses and event budgets in CVENT event registration system as appropriate
Ad hoc duties
Stay current, and often ahead of the curve, on event planning, design, and production trends, proactively identifying and solving operational challenges.
Travel +/- 20% domestic travel Education Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Experience 7-10 years' experience in meeting planning and coordination, preferably in the medical industry. - CMP Preferred
- CMP (certified meeting planner) an absolute MUST
- Proven success as an event planner or coordinator, must have Cvent software experience
- Flexible "can do" attitude, adaptable to change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding event details
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized, detail conscious, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- High level competency in planning and organization
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Prepared to work flexible hours
- Cvent Certification strongly preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.