Growing manufacturer in Hayward California is seeking a talented Process Engineering Technician. A minimum of 2 years of related experience in manufacturing operations is required. Profiency in AutoCAD and Solidworks is a must. Candidate will be hands-on, until the process is defined; involved from start to finish until product is complete.
location: Hayward, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $88,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- The Process Development Specialist is responsible for defining the production processes by providing technical support in the development, implementation and maintenance of production methods.
- Responsible for new process development from ink determination, sample printing and subcontractor development (i.e. pretreatment or value added assembly services) through manufacturability trials.
- Creates high accuracy 2D vector art per customer requirements. Make corrections to customer supplied art, setting type, simplifying vector art supplied by customer & color separations.
- Designs, builds and improves fixtures for production. Provides initial labor, fixturing cost and lead time estimates to Sales team for quoting purposes.
- Creates and updates method of manufacturing and bill of material details for new and existing part numbers.
- Provides technical assistance to customers during process development through phone interaction or direct visits.
- Provides superior technical knowledge and support to manufacturing to address production problems. Performs root cause analysis and develops corrective actions to resolve problems.
- Drives continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste. Analyzes downtime, identifies trends and develops solutions.
- Establishes procedures related to the manufacturing process and production equipment. Ensures accuracy of procedures and documentation. Trains production staff.
- Manages documentation as well as files and drawings inventory until released into Production.
- Supports and coordinates activities with other departments/divisions to ensure 100% Customer Satisfaction. Provides technical support and assistance for tradeshows.
- Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings and have hands on experience with mechanical assembly, tools, jigs, pneumatic and electrical systems as well as machining skills.
- Responsible for prioritizing and completing individual projects in a timely manner.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.