Our client within the medical device industry is looking for a talented individual to join their team as a Product Engineer for a long term contract opportunity with the ability to convert Perm. If you are actively in the job market and would like to learn more about this role, please apply to this posting and we will be in touch with you soon.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Manage and execute product/process changes related to vitreoretinal and cataract consumable products and Custom Paks. Tasks include supplier evaluation/qualification, component qualification, managing prototype builds, assuring assembly process is developed and documented, assure BOM's are entered and maintained correctly, assure product costs are accurate and rolled, conduct Production Readiness Review. Support Product transfer projects either into or out of plant.
- Identify and qualify alternate materials and/or components for either risk mitigation or because of obsolescence.
- Maintain adequate supply of purchased components through contact with Procurement and the Suppliers. Qualify tooling and equipment as required to assure capacity.
- Address any component or product quality issue assigned, determining root cause and completing corrective action.
- Address any requests from other departments related to BOM's and components.
- Manage product labeling.
- Identify and qualify Cost Improvements.
- Experience writing technical protocols/reports.
- Ability to use MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Project.
- Root cause analysis experience to determinine cause of issues.
- Experience in Medical Device industry - Manufacturing / Design / Quality Engineering fields
- Speaks/writes English.
- Works well with others.
- Has leadership capability and is self starter.
- Ability to learn and retain many complex processes quickly.
- Focuses on detail/quality.
Masters of Science in Engineering or scientific discipline preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.